Tamag is a barangay of note for the reason that the University of Northen Philippines and the Gabriela Silang General Hospital are located in the place. It has been said also that the site of Villa Fernandina during the Spanish period according to Dr. Marcelino Foronda was a tract of land just east of the campus of the University of Northern Philippines.
During the later part of the eighteenth century, the place which now we call Tamag was divided into two parts. The southern part was called Pantoc Silang and the northern part was called Santa Ines. When the Spanish Civil Guards arrived from their camp near the Casa Real to patrol Santa Ines, the inhabitants of Pantong Silang asked some of the residents of Santa Ines as to the purpose of the visitors who just arrived. The people of Santa Ines answered,” ania ti damdamagem yo?” The Civil Guards heard the answer of the Santa Ines residents which they (Civil Guards) repeated by saying “tamtamagen yo”. From that time on, the Spaniards called the place Tamag, a word that was derived from the phrase “’tamtamagen yo”.
- Punong Barangay - Virginia Urbano
- 1st Brgy. Kagawad - Renato F. Rabot
- 2nd Brgy. Kagawad - Saturnino T. Talania
- 3rd Brgy. Kagawad - Pedro E. Rebunal
- 4th Brgy. Kagawad - Dianne U. Atalin
- 5th Brgy. Kagawad - Joselito Z. Singson Jr.
- 6th Brgy. Kagawad - Rodrigo U. Rabang
- 7th Brgy. Kagawad - Gloria V. Ponce
- SK Chairman - Marie Gabrielle Kayla S. Mendoza
- Brgy. Secretary - Joselito D. Gomez
- Brgy. Treasurer - Emelita Sarah D. Morales